A re you looking for the best SEO tools for your WordPress blog? Search engine optimization (SEO) is a key factor for the growth of any blog. If you optimize your blog correctly, it'll appear in popular searches and your traffic will keep growing and growing.
There are a ton of tools and software that can help you in dominating search results and growing your blog traffic. But don’t settle – it’s best to look for plugins that can save time and give the best results.
In this article, I’ll share with you some of the best SEO tools to explode your blog traffic.
In This Guide:
Best Free SEO Tools
Looking for a basic SEO tool on a budget? If you’re just getting started blogging, a free tool might be all you need. Here are my top picks.
Want to know what kind of content works best for your audience?
Then you need MonsterInsights.
MonsterInsights is the best WordPress Google Analytics plugin. It shows you actionable reports within your WordPress dashboard, including traffic sources, reports, stats, and more. MonsterInsights is easy to connect with WordPress without writing any code. Using this plugin, you can follow the right direction to boost your blog traffic.
- Quick setup and real-time stats
- Event, forms, ads, and file download tracking
- eCommerce tracking to monitor visits on product pages
- Device specific monitoring
- Easy to create custom dimensions
- Performance control for Google Analytics processing limit
Get started with MonsterInsights is so easy. After you install and activate the plugin, it will walk you through the process of setting up your analytics.
If it’s a new Google Analytics account, it’ll take up to 24 hours to get all the analytics report in your WordPress dashboard.
Here are some actionable tips to use MonsterInsights to boost your WordPress blog traffic:
- Visit the link and button click tracking report to see which links and buttons are getting more clicks. You can improve the look and style to increase user engagement.
- Check out the insights for page and post to make your high ranking articles more interactive.
- See the search console report to find out which keywords are getting more traffic, so you can write new content with these keywords and take your blog traffic to the next level.
- Visit the top landing pages report to see your most popular landing pages. You can add better content and images to attract more users.
2. All in One SEO
Need some help optimizing each blog post to rank in search engines?
All in One SEO (AIOSEO) is the best WordPress SEO plugin to boost your blog traffic. It allows you to add meta title, URL, and description for each of your articles and pages. It also comes with a toolset to help you write SEO-friendly content for users.
- Easy setup wizard
- On-page SEO optimization
- Tru-SEO score with actionable insights
- Unlimited SEO keywords
- Snippet preview to see how your post will look in search results
- Powerful XML Sitemaps
- Local Business SEO
All in One SEO is the perfect WordPress SEO plugin for onsite optimization. It basically gives you a checklist for each blog post, recommending important actions based on your focus keyword so you can rank.
For every article, you can scroll down to the AIOSEO Focus Keyphrase section to get a score of how well your keyphrase is optimized and see recommendations on how you can improve.
Here are few tips to optimize your articles to get more traffic:
- Add your focus keyword. (Not sure what keyword to target? See this guide to keyword research.)
- Add SEO title, URL, and meta description. Make sure that the focus keyword is included in all these fields and also in the content.
- Optimize your article until your score improves.
3. Google Search Console
Need reliable data on your search rankings?
Google Search Console is one of the best SEO tools to improve your performance on the Google search. It gives you insights and reports to measure your traffic resources, performance, and other stats. It also helps in fixing the basic issues of your blog and enhance the search results.
- URL inspection tool to see crawl information
- Sends alerts on issues affecting your blog traffic
- Submits sitemaps and individual URLs for crawling
- Optimizes your content with search analytics
- Monitor, test, and track your pages
Best SEO Tools for Ranking
Need help coming up with topic ideas that people are searching for? If you want to know the best topics and keywords to target, you need these SEO tools to rank higher on Google.
4. Keyword Tool
How about a simple tool to spark blog post ideas?
Keyword Tool is a free keyword planner to help you find the best keywords for your articles. It uses the Google autocomplete feature so you can start typing the term and get the suggestions right away. It generates over 750 long-tail keyword suggestions for each search term.
- Uses Google Suggest for keyword search
- Provides valuable data about keywords
- Helps in PPC to improve click-through rate
- Analyze search trends on Google
- Keyword suggestions based on the Google domain and language
Want to know the most popular topics in your niche?
BuzzSumo is a content analyzing tool that you can use to analyze your articles and also keep an eye on competitors’ rankings. It helps you find the key influencers to promote your content. You can visit the BuzzSumo site and type in topic or domain name of your competitor to see the complete report. It can also be used to create actionable headlines for your articles. BuzzSumo considers the number of social shares as the criteria for popular articles.
- Alerts for keywords related to your blog
- Trending content ideas to stay in the competition
- Robust solutions for content discovery and curation
- Helps in content research and planning
- Brand monitoring and competitor research
6 Answer the Public
Need to know what your audience is asking Google?
Answer the Public is a smart tool that helps you figure out the questions searched on Google and Bing by users relevant to your blog. You can answer those questions in your articles so your blog will rank on the search results. It also suggests topic ideas to write high-ranking content and explode your traffic. This tool is perfect for brainstorming titles for your upcoming blog posts.
- An aggregated view of questions
- Content ideas based on keywords you type in
- Simple visualization of the data
- Questions displayed are related to your blog niche
Best SEO Tools For Link Building
Off-page optimization is just as important if you want your site to rank in search engine results. These SEO tools will make your link building process easier than ever, and save you a ton of time.
Looking to reach out to other bloggers to partner up and grow together?
OutreachPlus is a popular email outreach service to generate more blog traffic. It features advanced personalization options that allow you to create and send emails with a guarantee high-response rate. You can fully automate the process of sending transactional emails based on user behavior and actions. It also makes sure that your emails never end up in the spam folder.
- Custom OutreachPlus inbox to track interactions
- Personalized autopilot conversations
- Integrations with email marketing tools
- Set up email campaigns in a few clicks
- Add multiple email accounts
- 360 view of your email campaigns
Best SEO Audit Tools
Need to keep track of your rankings over time and do in-depth analysis of your site’s optimization? Then you need one of these powerful SEO audit tools.
Speaking of keyword research…
SEMrush is a popular SEO auditing and online visibility management tool. It has eCommerce and enterprise solutions to enhance marketing strategies and grow your business.
Best of all, SEMrush helps you find the best keywords to grow the blog traffic. It has powerful all-in-one traffic analytics to monitor competitors’ marketing activities, discover new markets, understand user behavior, and research new opportunities.
- A complete SEO audit of your WordPress blog
- Suggests ideas to increase organic traffic
- Backlinks audit and analytics
- Content optimization for search engines
- Post scheduler for social networks
- Built-in image editor and URL shortener for social channels
- Improves your PPC results
Want a powerful tool to track and optimize all your rankings?
Ahrefs offers amazing SEO tools and resources to grow your blog traffic. The tools include site explorer, keywords explorer, content explorer, blog auditor, SEO toolbar, and more. With Ahrefs, you can research your competitors to find their traffic sources and outrank them with powerful strategies. It monitors your business niche to find new opportunities to create impactful content.
- Analyze competitors' search traffic
- Identify keywords on which your competitors' rank
- Find websites that send the most traffic to your competitors' blog
- Suggests keyword ideas
- Powerful backlink checker tool
- Advanced backlink reports for any blog
- Sends email notifications on competitors' activities
10. Moz Pro
Want an all-in-one tool to manage your SEO?
Moz Pro is a powerful SEO software that offers tools and resources for smart marketing. It helps you increase blog traffic, rankings, and visibility in the search results. It has the tools for all your needs and wants to improve the search engine rankings of your blog. You can visit Moz Pro’s online learning center to read about the best SEO practices of the current times.
- Complete blog audits to uncover SEO issues
- Recommends improvements and fixes
- Track ranking of traffic driving keywords
- Powerful backlink analysis
- Shows metrics to any site, anchor text, and domain authority
- Keywords and competitor research
I hope this article helped you find the best SEO tools to explode your blog traffic. You may also want to check out our guide on how to start a blog and make money, SEO tips for bloggers, and how to get more traffic to your blog.
9 CommentsJoin in. The comments are closed after 30 days.
There are too many free and paid SEO tools. As I see in the post it is explained descriptively with the information about SEO tools in a way that marketers can understand it easily. This would be very helpful for the audience knowing about latest and best SEO tools.
Thanks for sharing
It’s really amazing.
In your blog, you have perfectly explained SEO tools seep by step. It was very helpful for me, and I really liked it.
That was an informative post. Past few weeks, I was searching for an ideal keyword tracking tool to track my keyword performance. Most of the tools you mentioned were totally new to me. Thanks for sharing the awesome these tools. I recently used a Serp ranking tool, Serpple. You can also explore the tool to track the keyword ranking data.
I’m beginner in web building process so thanks to sharing with us this info.
That was an amazing blog and a great list to consider. I have also heard about Postifluence. Please share your thoughts on this tool as well.
Great article. Keep writing. I have bookmarked your page.
Nice blog. it’s very informative information about SEO. thanks for sharing the tool of SEO to explore your website traffic.
Informative Article…Thanks for Sharing
All are good SEO tools, But i personally use MOZ, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Google search console, Buzzsumo, Kissmetrics and Lynda.