28 Posts + 1 Big Tip to Help You Get Really, Really Big on Twitter
Everyone wants to be really big on Twitter.
Thousands of adoring fans, people who Tweet your blog posts and an instant flow of traffic for everything that you do.
Here are 28 articles that will help you get really big on Twitter. I’ve read all of these (some a few times) over the years and think they have some great insights to provide.
Oh, and at the end I’ll give you 1 big tip that will bring everything together.
- 100 Ways to Become a Twitter Power User via @neilpatel
Neil Patel rocking out his usual amazingness. I’m the same age as this guy and just don’t know how he does it.
- The 20 Least ReTweetable Words via @danzarrella
Some pretty useful insights if you are wondering why your stuff isn’t getting retweeted.
- The Blogger’s Guide to Meaningful Engagement on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter @ProBlogger
Meaningful is what it is all about. That is what pays dividends in the end.
- HOW TO: Create Custom Twitter Backgrounds via @mashable
Classic Mashable How To post. Twitter backgrounds are a great way to personalize and brand your Twitter page. I’m still working on mine. *guilty face*
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Twitter Presence @ProBlogger
An excellent post that is all about getting your name out there.
- Is Twitter a Waste of Time? @ProBlogger
Asking some interesting questions about whether Twitter really pays dividends. Might be up your alley if you liked my article on blogging being a waste of time.
- How to Get 5,000+ Facebook Likes and Twitter Followers Per Day, On Autopilot via @ViperChill
Glen up to his usual sneaky and genius tactics. Always love what he comes up with – always different perspectives on even the most common things.
- 5 Things Every Blogger Needs to Teach Their Readers & Why it Matters @blogtyrant
Yay! I made the list.
- How to Use Twitter to Grow Your Business via @copyblogger
As I said recently, all small businesses need Social Media. This post is an amazing starting point.
- How to REALLY Measure the ROI of Social Media via @dannybrown
Some ideas I hadn’t previously considered about the return on investment with Twitter.
- 5 Steps to Going Viral on Twitter via @copyblogger
Every time they Tweet something it goes near viral. Probably a good idea to listen up.
- Is Your Social Media Strategy Stalling Because You’re Not Doing This One Thing? via @copyblogger
Tell them to do something. We do it on marketing blogs.
- 3 Simple Steps to Finding More Clients on Twitter via @copyblogger
Twitter is not just about pleasing existing fans and clients. Its also about finding a lot of new ones.
- Twitter Experiment Results – Swapping Person To Brand via @TheFutureBuzz
A good discussion on the merits of using your business name instead of your real name. For example, @blogtyrant instead of… nearly got me.
- How A Few Tweets Led to a 370% Increase In My Traffic @ProBlogger
I really love the insights Darren provides. He has so many followers that his activities become like micro tests for us all.
- 40 of the Best Twitter Brands and the People Behind Them via @mashbusiness
This is a fantastic way to learn from those who are doing it really well.
- How to Get More Retweet Action on Twitter @twitip
This whole site is full of amazing tips but some of them really catch my eye more than others. Pay attention to who the authors are.
- The Technium: 1,000 True Fans
A topic near to my heart. How many fans do you want? How many fans do you need?
- How To: Expand Your Twitter Tribe via @AskAaronLee
Advice from someone who has done extremely well on Twitter. A real power user.
- 62 Ways to Use Twitter for Business @WebWorkerDaily
A comprehensive list of how businesses can capitalize on the Twitter traffic.
- 3 Steps to a Productive Life on Twitter as a Blogger Using Buffer via @kikolani
A good guest post about how you can get things done on Twitter more efficiently.
- 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business via @chrisbrogan
Chris Brogan has got more fans than the church. Well, nearly. Take a look at how many retweets this post has had.
- How to know what your audience really wants via @chrisgarrett
Chris Garrett is one of the guys (along with Brian Clark and Darren Rowse) that have inspired me from the beginning. Read this blog.
- A Killer Combo for Smart Twitter Users via @patflynn
Pat is what I would call an early adopter of blog technology. When I find a new tool I go and check Pat’s blog and he’s usually been using it for months.
- The Ultimate Men with Pens Guide to Twitter @menwithpens
James rocking out a guide that is really personal and visceral. Not the usual tips here.
- 13 Tools to Simplify Your Social Media Marketing via @smexaminer
Use tools and reduce your workload.
- 5 Twitter Changes and How to Make the Most of Them via @smexaminer
A really good post on how Twitter changes can affect the way things work. A good one to know if you want to stay ahead of the curve.
- 26 Twitter Tips for Enhancing Your Tweets via @smexaminer
Some really nice tips for making your tweets a bit juicier. Think topic ideas for Twitter.
Hopefully that gives you something to read for the morning (or week). Please remember to do some actual tweeting during those hours. If you want you could even practice by tweeting this post!
The one big Twitter tip
I want to finish this post by saying that it is really important to understand that Twitter is all about building a friendship with your users.
I don’t mean relationship, I mean friendship.
A relationship can be good or bad but a friendship is nurturing, helpful and engaged.
Forget about how many followers you have and start building real friendships with the people that you already have. You will find your work more rewarding and, in actual fact, you will make more sales when it comes to it. Why? Because you will have a group of highly loyal friends who are more than happy to spread the word for you.
If you have a great Twitter article or know of a good one please let me know in the comments below. As usual, links are welcome in my comments.