One of the best ways to make money online is to buy established websites and blogs and improve, optimize and tweak them to perform better.
In fact, you can get better returns from websites and blogs than almost any investment in the world. Its a very low input, high output situation.
I thought we’d do something a bit different this weekend (instead of nothing) and try a little exercise with a neat little prize.
Leave a comment answering these two questions:
- What blog or website would you buy assuming money was no option?
- How would you improve on it?
This type of thing is an extremely good way to learn about the valuation of websites. And if you are trying to grow a blog to make a living or an eventual sale you will need to become an expert at this.
What are the rules?
- You cannot choose Google or Facebook
- You cannot choose an adult or gambling website
- You have to improve the website within a year
- Your improvements cannot cost more than 5% of your chosen website’s (guessed) income (ie you cannot just spend a million dollars on advertising)
What is the prize?
I’ll have a look at the answers and see which one I think has the most merits. The author of the entry that I like most will get a free Blog Consult by me valued at $299. I’ll take a look at your blog and send you suggestions on how you can improve, tweak and change it to grow a bigger audience and make more money.